Interests and present fields of work
• Invasive species. Biogeographic patterns and determinants of invasion by alien forest pathogens in Europe; early detection of invasive pathogens; impact of climate change on pathogens invasion processes
• Host-pathogen-environment interaction. Genetic variability of disease resistance, Mechanisms of resistance to pathogens, mechanisms of disease escape and disease avoidance.
• Genetics of pathogens populations.
• Breeding for resistance to pathogens. Selection of trees resistant to pathogens by controlled crossing and artificial inoculations. Adaptative trials.
• Conservation of genetic resources of endangered species, mainly focus on elm. Studies on adaptative characters connected with resistance to pathogens. Genetic studies on trees marginal endangered populations.