Dr. Giuseppe Altamura during his activity at the Centre for Research Experimentation and Training in Agriculture (CRSFA) “Basile Caramia” and at Department of Soil, Plant and Food Sciences (Di.S.S.P.A.) of University of Bari Aldo Moro, has gained experience in various areas related to:
- Management of plant propagation material within the phytosanitary certification schemes;
- Phytosanitary and pomological characterization of selected olive accessions;
- Field-monitoring of quality and quarantine phytopathogens and management of experimental material object of plant health improvement;
- Management and checking of phytosanitary status plant health and varietal correspondence of the “base” certificated plant material;
- Field pomological surveys, plant material propagation and laboratory analyses;
He is currently working as a research fellow to study the interactions between olive trees and Xylella fastidiosa.