The Institute for Sustainable Plant Protection is made up of:
- Turin Headquarter (formerly Institute of Plant Virology)
- Turin Unit (formerly Institute for Plant Protection)
- Florence Unit (formerly Institute for Plant Protection)
- Portici Unit (formerly Institute for Plant Protection)
- Bari Unit (formerly Institute of Plant Virology and Institute for Plant Protection)
The results of our research are often used for concluding agreements and obtaining funding from public and private institutions. These results are mainly related to the phytosanitary production and certification of reproductive stocks, so they may be exploited by Regional and Provincial Administrations, Mountain communities, farmer associations and seed companies.
The Institute also offers Technical Advisory Services to the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MiPAF: for example, setting up the strategy implemented to control the grapevine Flavescence dorée and to eradicate Pepino Mosaic Virus ) and to the Phytosanitary Inspection Services of several Italian Regions (for example, checking vegetative propagation material for virus presence).
The Institute offers training to phytosanitary officers, young graduates and extension by means of specific courses, seminars and guided visit to the Institute.
Many researchers of the Institute teach undergraduate and graduate courses at Universities in Italy and are involved in open laboratory activities for Public Agencies working in agriculture, High Schools and Associations of farmers.